How to Fix Arlo Camera Offline Issues
The Arlo camera stands out as an outstanding surveillance device offering exceptional performance. With a range of excellent features, this camera enhances the user experience greatly. To fully utilize these features, it is crucial to install and set up the camera accurately. Yet, encountering issues with your Arlo camera is not uncommon – occasional offline problems arise for many users. Fortunately, addressing this issue is relatively simple since it tends to be a common problem easily resolved through troubleshooting steps
There are various reasons why you may encounter the problem of Arlo camera going offline. However, if you are currently facing this issue, don’t worry as we have a solution for you. In this blog post, we will discuss all possible causes of the Arlo camera offline issue and provide methods to resolve them.
What is the reason behind the Arlo Camera Keeps going offline?
As you are aware, there can be multiple factors contributing to the offline status of Arlo cameras. Some common reasons are as follows:
- Insufficient power source
- Poor WiFi connection
- Camera unsynced
- Arlo server down
- Internal issues
The Arlo camera offline issue can be attributed to these common factors. Additionally, we will guide you through the available methods for resolving this problem.
What are the steps to resolve Arlo cameras going offline?
Once you are aware of the reason behind the frequent offline status of your Arlo camera, resolving it becomes a straightforward task. Simply follow these methods to easily fix the issue with your Arlo camera’s connectivity:
Check the Power Source
- The Arlo camera should have a proper electrical outlet to work.
- An improper power source is a major reason why the Arlo camera keeps going offline.
- Thus ensure to provide a working power source for the camera.
- Inspect the current camera’s power source and verify if it works or not.
- If not, you can try plugging the camera into another outlet.
- Additionally, if your camera works on battery, ensure to charge it frequently.
- Now the Arlo camera offline issue should be gone.
Make a connection to the WiFi/Base Station:
- The camera should either have a stable WiFi connection or be connected to the base station.
- The camera cannot function without a proper connection with your WiFi source. Thus, ensure to connect it to the WiFi or base station.
- Therefore, ensure to sync the camera to the base station to ensure the proper functioning of your camera.
- To sync the camera to the base station, press the sync button on the base station for 2 seconds.
- Now within a few seconds, press the sync button on the camera for 2 seconds to begin syncing.
- When the LED light on your device turns blue, indicates the sync is successful. Hereon, the camera should be working well.
- This should fix the Arlo Base Station offline issue and the camera should be working well.
Move the Camera/Base Station Closer to the Router
- If you have directly connected the camera to the WiFi, ensure the camera is close to the router.
- The camera will have trouble forming a connection if the router is too far from the camera.
- Also, the camera should be inside the base station’s range as well for a stable connection.
- You can move the camera closer to the router or the base station for a seamless connection.
- Moreover, the base station should be closer to the router as well for a proper connection.
- This is an effective method to fix the Arlo camera keeps going offline issue.
Reboot the Camera
- You can try rebooting the camera to fix any internal issues with the camera.
- Rebooting the camera fixes any minor glitches and bugs within the camera.
- You can reboot it by turning it off and unplugging it from the power source.
- Give the camera some time to cool down.
- After 1 minute or so, you can turn the camera back on.
- This is a convenient Arlo offline fix.
Reset the Camera
- If none of these methods are working, you can reset the camera.
- Resetting the camera will fix the Arlo camera offline issue.
- You can reset the camera either manually or via the app.
- To reset it manually, press and hold the sync button on the camera.
- After 15 seconds, you can release the button and the reset will initiate.
- You can reset it from the app’s settings.
- All you need to do is go to the device settings and select the remove device option.
- This should fix all issues with the camera and it should be working fine.
Here are some techniques you can employ to resolve the issue of your Arlo camera offline. Once you have implemented these solutions, your device should function properly again. If you encounter any other problems with your camera, please feel free to contact our team for assistance right away.