Are you struggling with Canon Printer Offline Windows 7? And you are unable to find out how to fix this issue. Then you are at the right place, here you will get to know how to fix it. Canon printer is a smart gadget, which carries text and graphic output from a computer and transmits the data to paper. And it comes with advanced features like a USB port, wireless connectivity, Ethernet, and much more.
But sometimes, it fails to work properly and cause numerous issue including Canon Printer Offline Windows 7. There could be numerous reasons which can lead to his error. However it does not matter, what are the causes it is required to fix it as soon as possible. When this error occurs on your device, then you cannot print any file.
Don’t get upset while noticing this Canon Printer Offline Windows 7. As this problem is curable and you can fix it without someone else help. If you are unable to fix this issue on your own and want to know the easiest way to solve Canon Printer Offline Windows 7. Then the following are some troubleshooting steps to do the same. Simply go through the following methods to rectify the Canon Printer Offline Windows 7.
Why Does Canon Printer Offline Windows 7 Occur?
Before recognizing and implementing an efficient and adequate solution, it is required to get familiar with the causes of the issue. Below are some common causes for the same problem.
- Loose USB or network cable connection.
- Outdated printer driver.
- Some issue with the printer spooler service.
- Connectivity problem.
Methods to Resolve Canon Printer Offline Windows 7
As now you know the common causes of the same problem, now it is time to fix it as quickly as attainable. Obey the following problem-solving solutions to fix the Canon Printer Offline Windows 7.
1. Set your Printer as a Default Printer
If many printers are added to your device, then there is a high chance that you may encounter Canon Printer Offline Windows 7.
Because those printers might be kicking the canon printer out, and showing it offline. So, in this, you need to set your printer as a default printer. Below are the steps to do the same.
- Firstly, in the search box from the start menu, type “Printer.”
- Then click on “Devices and Printers” from the top result.
- After this, under the “Printer and Faxes” find your printer.
- Now do right click on it and check the “Set as Default Printer” option.
- Once done, try to print a file, to see if the problem is fixed or not.
2. Update the Printer Driver
Another war to fix the Canon Printer Offline Windows 7 is, to install the latest printer drier. Because once the printer driver gets outdated, then it can show an incompatibility issue with your Windows operating system.
So, in this, you need to download the latest printer driver to troubleshoot the problem. And also make sure that you remove the old software from your window. Drive Easy can help you in finding the exact compatible software for your Canon printer. And you can also install the free versions of drivers from the website.
3. Disable the “Printer Use Offline” Feature
If the above methods are not helping you in fixing the Canon Printer Offline Windows 7. Then try to turn off the “Printer Use Offline” feature. Here is how to disable the printer use offline feature.
- Type printer in the search box from the start menu.
- Then click on “Device and Printer” from the result.
- After this, locate your printer, under the “Printers and Faxes.”
- Now click on your printer and then on the “See what’s Printing” option.
- On the pop-up window click on “Printer.”
- Now in this, make sure you uncheck the “Printer Use Offline” option.
- At last, see if the Canon Printer Offline Windows 7 is fixed or not.
4. Turn on the Printer Spooler Service
If you encounter Canon Printer Offline Windows 7, then you need to make sure that the printer spooler service. If it is off, then you may encounter the same problem.
So, in this, you need to turn on the printer spooler service. If you don’t know how to do so, then obey the below steps to do the same.
- Firstly, visit the Windows search bar and open the run dialog box.
- Then enter “services.msc” in the search field and click the “Enter” button.
- After this, from the “Properties” window, find the “Printer Spooler” option.
- Now make sure the status of the spooler is “Running Mode.”
- If it is not in the running status, then do right-click on the printer spooler.
- And then click on the “Start” option.
- If you want to restart the printer spooler service, then right-click on it, and click on restart.
- Once done close the properties and check the status of your printer. Now it should be in online mode.
Hopefully, the above instructions will help you in troubleshooting the Canon Printer Offline Windows 7 or Canon Printer Default Password. Follow the above instructions as given to rectify the same problem.