When you’re trying to stick to a nutrition plan, it can be hard to figure out how to resist the urge to eat something really tasty. “It’s what you do behind closed doors that get you to your goals,” is something you should keep in mind. This means that you shouldn’t binge when no one is around, like late at night. Don’t think that it doesn’t matter if no one sees it.
You recognize yourself! One of the best ways to fight your inner demon is to think about the main reason you want to reach your goal. Why do you want to reach your goal? Answering this question honestly will make you want to stick with it and stay on top of it over time. But if you find yourself fighting with yourself over what to eat and what not to eat, try these tips:
- Drink a glass of water first, so that when you eat that “cake,” you’ll feel fuller and won’t eat as much.
- Go for a quick ten-minute walk before you eat it, and see if you’re still hungry for it afterward.
- Go to the gym and lift weights, then eat that cake bakery. So, most of the sugars will go to your muscles instead of making you fat. To get a great afterburn, you have to lift weights very hard.
- Call your trainer. This is something I hear people do all the time. All I do is encourage them to keep going after their goals.
- Eat that “cake” in the morning so you can burn it off all day.
- Get rid of the things that tempt you at home. Put your fruit on the counter instead of chips.
- Figure out when you have the “craving” and make sure you are doing something you enjoy at that time. It will help you stop thinking about it.
- Make a group of people you can call or meet with who will help you stay healthy.