Elevate your style with luxurious Silk Sarees in Dubai. Browse our exquisite collection of silk sarees online, featuring opulent designs and rich colors.
Discovering the Exquisite Beauty of Silk Sarees in Dubai: A Beginner’s Guide
Silk sarees are the epitome of elegance and charm, embellished with intricate designs and patterns passed down through generations. And what better place to discover the exquisite beauty of these stunning pieces than in Dubai, a city known for its luxury shopping experiences? If you’re new to the world of silk sarees and want to explore this cultural treasure trove, buckle up as we take you on a journey through our beginner’s guide to discovering the magnificent allure of silk sarees in Dubai!
Introduction to Silk Sarees in Dubai
Silk is a natural protein fiber that can be woven into fabric. They are a staple in Indian culture and are worn by women of all ages on special occasions.
The most popular type is the Banarasi silk saree which originates from Banaras, India. Their heavy embroidery and gold work characterize these sarees. Another popular type of silk saree is the Kanjeevaram silk saree from Tamil Nadu, India. These sarees are known for their bright colors and unique patterns.
Many options are available if you want to buy a silk saree in Dubai. You can find them at local boutiques or online retailers specializing in Indian clothing.
We hope this beginner’s guide has helped you understand more about silk sarees and their role.
History and Origin of Silk Sarees
The history of silk sarees is long and storied, dating back centuries to their origins in India. Indian women have been wearing silk sarees for millennia, and they remain essential to the country’s culture and tradition.
Silk sarees are believed to have originated in Varanasi, which was then known as Kashi. The city was a significant center of trade and commerce, and the first silk sarees were thought to be created there using local silkworm cocoons. These early sarees were simple in design, often featuring just a single color or pattern.
Over time, the style of silk sarees evolved and became more elaborate. Designs began incorporating more colors and patterns, and embellishments such as embroidery and sequins became popular. Today, countless styles of silk sarees are available, from simple and traditional designs to flashy and modern ones.
Despite their long history, silk sarees only began gaining popularity outside India in the last few decades. In the past few years, however, they have become increasingly popular in places like Dubai, where women love to show off their glamorous side. A silk saree is worth considering if you’re looking for a beautiful and unique garment to add to your wardrobe!
Types of Silk Sarees in Dubai
Regarding silk sarees, there is plenty of choices in Dubai. From traditional Kanjeevaram sarees to contemporary designer sarees,
1. Kanjeevaram Silk Sarees: These sarees are made from a particular type of silk known as “Kanchipuram silk” and are known for their vibrant colors.
2. Banarasi Silk Sarees: These sarees are made from a particular type of silk known as “Banarasi silk”. They are usually brightly colored and often feature gold or silver threadwork.
3. Designer Silk Sarees: As the name suggests, these sarees are designed by leading fashion designers and are usually quite pricey. However, they are worth the investment as they are stunning and will make you stand out.
4. Kota Doria Silk Sarees: These sarees are made from a lightweight type of silk known as “Kota Doria” and are characterized by their checked or striped patterns. They are perfect for hot weather conditions and can be easily draped around
Fabrics Used in Making Silk Sarees
Regarding fabrics, there are a few options available for silk sarees. Mulberry silk is the most common and popular fabric for making silk sarees. This type of silk is obtained from the cocoons of mulberry silkworms, and it is known for its softness, strength, and shine. Another popular fabric used for making silk sarees is tussar silk. Tussar silk is obtained from the wild cocoons of tussar months and has a unique golden hue.
Popular Styles of Dubai Silk Sarees
A wide variety of silk sarees are available in Dubai, each with its unique style. The most popular Dubai silk sarees include the traditional Indian saree, the Pakistani shalwar kameez, and the modern Western-style sarees like Gaurad Saree and Eri Silk Sarees, Dharamavaram Sarees, Coimbatore Silk Cotton Sarees, Chanderi Sarees, Bomkai Sarees, Bhagalpur Tussar Sarees, Berhampur Sarees, Chikankari Sarees.
The traditional Indian saree is by far the most popular silk saree in Dubai. These sarees are usually made from a lightweight fabric such as chiffon or georgette and are often decorated with intricate embroidery or beadwork. They are typically worn with a matching blouse and petticoat (underskirt) and can be draped in various styles.
Pakistani shalwar kameezes are also very popular in Dubai. These suits include loose-fitting pants (shalwar) and a long tunic top (kameez). They are usually made from heavier fabrics such as cotton or linen and can be quite ornately decorated. Shalwar kameezes are generally worn with a dupatta (long scarf) and sandals.
Western-style sarees are becoming increasingly popular in Dubai, especially among younger women. These sarees are usually made from lighter fabrics such as chiffon or georgette and often have shorter lengths than traditional Indian sarees. They may be decorated with sequins, beads, or other embellishments and are typically worn with a strapless blouse or tank top.
Shopping Tips for Buying Silk Sarees in Dubai
Silk sarees are the traditional dress of India and are often considered among the most beautiful and luxurious fabrics in the world. Shopping for silk sarees in Dubai is a fantastic opportunity to find some of the finest examples of this exquisite fabric.
1. Research: Before you start shopping, it’s a good idea to research the types of silk available and what kind of saree you’re looking for. This will help narrow your options and ensure you get precisely what you want.
2. Shop around: There are many places to buy silk sarees in Dubai, so it’s worth shopping and comparing prices. You’ll find that prices can vary significantly from one store to another, so finding a place that offers good value for money is essential.
3. Bargain: Don’t be afraid to bargain when shopping for silk sarees in Dubai! Many sellers are open to negotiation, so it’s worth trying to get a better price on your purchase.
4. Ask for help: If you need clarification on what you’re doing, feel free to ask for help from the sales staff or other shoppers. Everyone is generally amiable and helpful,
How to Care for a Silk Sari
Assuming you would like a content section for the subheading “How to Care for a Silk Sari”:
Despite their delicate appearance, silk sarees are relatively easy to care for. You can keep your saree looking new with just a few simple steps.
Once your saree is clean, it’s essential to dry it properly. Hang it on a line or lay it flat to air dry. Please do not put it in the dryer, as the heat can ruin the silk. If you must use a drying machine, set it to a low or no-heat setting.
Once your saree is dry, you can iron it if necessary. Use a low setting, and cover the silk with a thin cloth to avoid damaging the fabric.
With these simple tips, you can keep your silk saree looking beautiful for years!
Alternatives to the Traditional Silks Saris
Many alternatives to the traditional silks sarees are available in Dubai. These include:
1. Cotton sarees: Cotton sarees are a great alternative to traditional silk sarees. They are comfortable to wear, easy to care for and look great.
2. Linen sarees: Linen sarees are another great alternative to traditional silk sarees. They are cool, comfortable to wear, easy to care for, and look fabulous.
3. Silk-blend sarees: Silk-blend sarees are a beautiful alternative to traditional silk sarees. They offer the best of both worlds – silk’s beauty and cotton or linen’s comfort.
4. Georgette sarees: Georgette sarees are a light and airy alternative to traditional silk sarees. They are perfect for hot weather and look fabulous when worn with heels.
5. Chiffon sarees: Chiffon sarees are a timeless classic and a great alternative to traditional silk sarees. They are elegant and can be dressed up or down depending on the occasion.
Dubai is a paradise for the saree enthusiast, offering a fantastic variety of silk sarees. From traditional hand-woven Kanchipuram silks to contemporary chiffon and georgette drapes, sarees in Dubai offer something for everyone. With the right advice and guidance, you can find exquisite pieces that will turn heads wherever you go. So don’t hesitate – to grab your credit card and explore the fascinating world of silk sarees in beautiful Dubai today!
Shop Our Latest trend Sarees: https://sellursaree.com/shop/
For more details about our Online Store, Click here.
Business Name: sellURsaree
Business Email Address: [email protected]
Address/Location: Office no# M 07, AL Khallafi Building, Near Burjuman Metro Station, Bur Dubai, Dubai, UAE
Postal Code/Zip Code: 117514
State/Country: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Business Telephone Number: 00971 505258501